As a client, you have the right to:
- Be treated with consideration, respect and compassion by all members of our staff.
- Discuss your pet’s health care needs in confidence with our knowledgeable staff.
- Participate in your pet’s health care by making informed decisions.
- Receive accurate information and thorough explanation of your pet’s health conditions and treatment options.
- Accept or decline diagnostic testing or treatment(s) for your animal(s) and the right to be informed of the consequences of refusing said diagnostic(s) or treatment(s).
- Be informed of costs associated with your pet’s examination, diagnostics and treatments.
- An explanation of Southview Animal Hospital’s policies, including payment policies.
- A fair, fast and objective review of any complaint submitted to Southview Animal Hospital management.
As a client, you are responsible for:
- Maintaining respectful behavior (including voice & language) towards other clients and hospital personnel.
- Reading and understanding our client code of conduct and being conscious of the consequences for disorderly conduct.
- Abiding by administrative and operational policies, including leash/carrier requirements, payment and appointment scheduling & cancellation policies.
- Disclosing accurate and complete information about your animal(s) health and medical history, including behavioral issues that may affect the safety of other patients or hospital personnel.
- Asking questions if you don’t understand.
- Recognizing the reality of risks and limits of the science of veterinary medical care.
- Reading and understanding any consent forms and/or estimates that you sign.
- Maintaining the awareness of Southview Animal Hospital’s obligation to provide timely, equitable care to other patients.
- Meeting financial obligations.